Without the right shoes, overpronation can worsen, and that’s why it’s important to invest in the best sneakers for overpronation. To help you find the best, we have reviewed some of the best sneakers that people who have overpronation can find in the market.
1. Salomon Women’s XR Running Shoes
If you’re looking for a shoe that will give you motion control, support, and stability, then the Salomon Women’s XR running shoes is your best bet. Whether you suffer from severe or moderate overpronation, the Salomon Women’s XR sneakers rank high in the list of best sneakers for overpronation thanks to the support and cushioning that the shoes offer. The shoe is made from durable material, and it will provide you with the needed service and last long.
- They have a well-supported heel and insoles that are well cushioned for your comfort and stability while running or walking
- It has a wider toe box which works perfectly for people with wide toes
- Well suited for people who have moderate to severe overpronation
- Available in two different colors and up to eight different sizes
- The shoe has amazing shock absorption thanks to the high-quality material used in making the shoe and the foundation support
- The stability and comfort used in designing the shoe helps prevent shin splints while providing support to the hip, knee, and foot during runs
- The shoe isn’t as breathable as other overpronation sneakers available in the market
- Quite expensive when compared to other sneaker brands
2. Mizuno Wave Paradox 4
The Mizuno Wave Paradox 4 is another excellent choice for anyone looking to invest in the best shoes for overpronation. Being a lightweight shoe, the Wave Paradox 4 shoe has excellent stability, support, comfort, and cushioning. Although the shoe has a narrow fit compared to other brands out there, it is the shoe if it fits you perfectly. With this shoe, you are guaranteed of an excellent fit that is both solid and flexible.
- Features the fanwave technology that offers a pretty a good amount of shock absorption as well as rectifying your biomechanics
- It boasts of being a responsive trainer even though it is a low-profile shoe
- Very durable thanks to the high-quality material used in its construction
- Unlike the Salomon Women’s XR Running Shoes, the Mizuno Wave Paradox 4 are not only breathable but also have some reflective features that provide additional safety
- The use of the mesh material in the construction of the shoe helps provide more depth
- Boasts of an improved fit that offers both support and flexibility
- Fairly priced but given the features, it comes with, the Mizuno Wave Paradox 4 is definitely worth its value
- It has a narrow fit hence isn’t suitable for anyone that has a wide foot
- The shoe can be a bit stiff
3. ASICS Metarun Men’s Running Shoe
The Metarun, according to ASICS, is their number one best shoe for overpronation. Looking at the price point, it is worth it. ASICS have pulled all stops by using the best technology available to create a shoe that is stable, immensely well-cushioned, extremely comfortable and supremely lightweight. The shoe is made from a high-quality material which helps guarantee durability, meaning that the shoe is more likely to serve you longer than most of the average running shoes.
- Designed using the best technology available to ASICS resulting in a shoe that is durable, comfortable and stable
- It is lightweight and is constructed from a mesh material which means that the shoe is breathable
- The use of high-quality materials guarantees that you have a shoe that is durable and will last you longer than most ordinary running shoes
- It is well-cushioned resulting in a shoe that is both comfortable and lightweight
- The exoskeletal heel technology has been utilized in the design which improves the support you get from the shoe as well as the heel fitting ability
- The midsole has a dual density which smoothly adjusts to the dynamic motion
- The shoe size offering is limited since it’s only available in four different sizes
- One of the most expensive shoes for overpronation
4. Saucony Men’s Redeemer ISO
The Saucony Men’s Redeemer ISO running shoe is always a good choice for runners who have flat feet and are keen on getting a high-quality shoe that’s meant for overpronators. These shoes not only provide excellent comfort and stability, but they also offer control regardless of the distance you want to run. The shoe is known for its ability to accommodate toe spread and wider feet while offering excellent shock absorption, support, and weight distribution.
- The Saucony Men’s Redeemer ISO running shoes are designed with a midsole that is supportive and one that provides excellent shock absorption
- The midsole also helps reduce muscle soreness, joint pain, and fatigue
- Perfect shoe that’s designed to evenly distribute your weight with the cushioning provides support to your feet so that they aren’t sore or fatigued after a run
- Boasts of a smooth interior that aids in the prevention of any irritation or rubbing of your feet when running
- Given that the shoes are breathable, you are guaranteed that your feet will remain cool and dry regardless of the surface you are jogging or running on
- The shoes are well-known for their durability as well as their improved shock absorption feature
- Fairly priced which means you won’t have to dig deeper into your pocket to purchase these shoes
- The shoe tends to be a bit narrow
- Only available in two different colors
5. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 Running Shoes
If you’re searching for a shoe that’s reliable and one that will help with overpronation issues, then the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 sneakers are perfect for you. These shoes are not only solid but offer you the stability and comfort you need so that you only focus on your run and not your shoe. One of the most outstanding features about the Adrenaline GTS 17 shoes is how lightweight they are considering that most shoe brands will prioritize proper padding over a lightweight design.
- The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 sneaker has a good balance and blend of stability, comfort and cushioning
- The shoe favors irregular gait while giving you the needed bounce for extra performance
- Compared to its predecessor, Brooks have done an excellent job of improving the shoe’s weight making it lightweight enough for overpronators
- With Brooks, you are guaranteed of a brand that listens and is constantly updating and reviewing their technology to ensure they make the needed improvements to their shoes
- It has a grippy outsole which allows you to run on a variety of terrains while still getting the traction you want
- The shoe is durable and has the ability to handle a plethora of running surfaces
- When active, the shoe can be a bit noisy
- The sizes are limited
6. Altra Provision 3.5 Running Shoes
The design for the Altra Provision 3.5 Running shoes makes it stand out as an excellent show created for overpronators. The shoe has a good support and nicely cushions the foot to eliminate any stiffness, fatigue, and pain that is often linked to overpronation. Although the shoe is a lot simpler than other shoes in our review, you are still guaranteed that the shoes will provide the service that you need when working out or running.
- The shoe is lightweight than other running shoes in its range and still doesn’t compromise on comfort, stability and build quality
- The outsole rubber material is very supportive and offers excellent traction and support whenever you are out running regardless of the weather
- The shoes are well-cushioned to provide extra support and comfort whether you are running or walking
- Perfect overpronation sneakers for different kinds of sporting activities as well as normal training
- Well suited for different kinds of track and field such as trails, pavements, racetracks, etc.
- Offers a decent amount of shock absorption and has a simple design
- Moderately priced, so you don’t have to break an arm and a leg to afford them
- The design is a bit simple and might not appeal to everyone
- It’s only available in three different colors
When it comes to choosing the best sneakers for overpronation, it’s important that you choose wisely as that’s what will enable you to pick shoes that suit your specific needs. While most brands will always have one type of shoe that can be used for different sporting activity, you are better off narrowing it down and deciding what activity you will mainly be involved in. This will help guide you in making the right choice.
Most importantly, consider the amount of support, comfort, stability, and responsiveness you get from the shoes. If they aren’t comfortable or offer the right amount of support, then you are better off looking at other options so that you don’t end up with buyer’s remorse. Remember, no one shoe is the same. Choose wisely.